Siirry pääsisältöön

Skoda Favorit 136L - Kalevi "Kilu" Aho - Lombard RAC Rally 1989

This skin makes the 1989 Lombard RAC Rally the most featured rally on my blog so far. With the massive amount of two entries. I feel though that some 80s Rally Finland may get the top step on the podium later on....

I made this livery because 1989 Lombard RAC Rally was one of the few rallies I had as an VHS when I was growing up. And I also do adore the Skoda Favorit 136L in RBR too. It was challenging to find enough resource material for this project but with the help of Myra43 and Voittanen I finally managed to create this one, thanks to you both!

Kilu's rally was not something to tell the grandkids about I'd presume. With the very few interviews he had on the VHS he constantly talked about how easy it would be to break your car in RAC. And then he had a puncture on special stage number whatever (there where like 123094 stages in RAC back in the day) where he lost 5-ish minutes.

Eventually his rally grinded to a halt on special stage number 123093, which was the penultimate stage of the rally. Okay in reality '89 Lombard RAC Rally had 55 special stage, and ewrc-results.com states that Kilu retired on stage 54 with suspension issues. Regardless not the result he was hoping for I dare to assume.

As a kid watching the VHS for thousands of times I liked Kilu's interviews so I guess if I find the necessary material I will most likely make more Kilu skins for the site. I've got one in mind already...


DOWNLOAD

Here's some pictures of this skin in action. Pictures by Onza. More pictures of this skin and other RBR pictures in his Flickr site.

Kommentit